IEMA 3 Day Internal Environmental Auditor Training Course
Become a confident and skilled auditor
This highly interactive and practical IEMA Certified Internal Environmental Auditor Training Course from ESP is designed to provide delegates with a sound knowledge of all elements involved in auditing an Environmental Management System (EMS) and an auditing skill base, in order to:
- Determine compliance and identify areas for improvement against the requirements of ISO 14001 and related standards
- Competently conduct effective audits and implement corrective action programmes
- Identify areas for continuing improvement that provide on-going benefits to your company’s growth and success.
- Contribute to the requirements to register as an IEMA Environmental Auditor
Our course will equip delegates with knowledge of the requirements and principles of ISO 14001 and Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS), providing them with the skills to competently perform internal EMS audits.
“To have an understanding of Environmental Management Systems and how to internally audit them”
Key Skills / Learning Objectives
Through the combination of interactive tutorials, practical workshops and case studies, our course will enable the delegates to:
- Interpret the requirements and principles of ISO 14001 and EMAS.
- Identify environmental aspects and determine audit priorities.
- Use our copyrighted “Auditagon” eight staged methodology for understanding the audit process
- Create appropriate audit checklists and improve auditor skills and interviewing techniques.
- Produce professional audit reports and justify cases for corrective action and improvement.
- Achieve the formal training requirements to allow progression to becoming an IEMA Environmental Auditor specializing in EMS assessments.
Practical workshops are designed to reinforce the discussions and topics, including basic auditor techniques, environmental policy critique, audit planning, nonconformity writing, conducting audit interviews, and reporting results. This style of delivery makes the course both memorable and enjoyable for participants, ensuring long-term learning.
- EMS Auditing
- Environmental Aspects and Impacts
- Environmental Management Systems
- Auditors attributes roles and responsibilities
- Environmental Legislation, Regulations and Other requirements
- The Principles of Auditing
- The Internal audit process
- Introduction to the Auditagon©
- Classroom auditing role play
- Future information and advice
- End of course open book assessment
Tutored Audits – following the course, participants have an opportunity for further development, where their subsequent in-company EMS audits can be observed and tutored to provide practical on-site training.
Learning materials are provided and an IEMA Learner's Manual is included in the booking price. Our trainers are experienced environmental consultants who promote discussion and a relaxed atmosphere during their training sessions. We encourage you to test their knowledge, and they are open to questions from delegates regarding auditing, transition and applying the skills learned to real life situations.
Who Should Attend?
- Employees who have no knowledge of the internal auditor process
- Those responsible for carrying out environmental internal audits
- Experienced quality auditors who want to audit environmental management systems and who need to show professional competence in this subject.
- Environmental auditors needing knowledge of the EMS auditing process.
- Senior managers who will have to evaluate the outcome of internal EMS audits
Upon completion of the course, successful delegates will be awarded an IEMA certificate.