Key Skills / Learning Objectives
Through the combination of interactive tutorials, practical workshops and case studies, our course will enable the delegates to achieve the following learning requirements:
- The Learner will have knowledge and understanding of the main environmental and economic risks and opportunities
- The Learner will have knowledge and understanding of compliance obligations and business drivers for change
- The Learner will have knowledge and understanding of the main potential impacts on environment and sustainability
- The Learner will have knowledge and understanding of how to improve environmental performance
- The Learner will evaluate drivers for change and barriers
- The Learner will apply knowledge and understanding to baselines data to monitor and improve performance
- The Learner will apply knowledge of environmental sustainability across the value chain
- The Learner will demonstrate the importance of implementing resource efficiency
- The Learner will demonstrate how employees can improve environmental performance
Practical workshops are designed to reinforce the discussions and topics. This style of delivery makes the course both memorable and enjoyable for participants, ensuring long-term learning.
Learning materials are provided and an IEMA Learner’s Manual is included in the booking price. Our trainers are experienced environmental consultants who promote discussion and a relaxed atmosphere during their training sessions. We encourage you to test their knowledge, and they are open to questions from delegates regarding management, planning and applying the skills learned to real life situations.
Upon completion of the 2 days taught course, in order to successfully pass the course, an online exam is undertaken using an IEMA portal.
Who Should Attend?
The course is ideally suited to supervisors and managers across all sectors and has no formal entry requirements.
Upon successful completion of the exam, you will receive a certificate from IEMA and ESP.